To avoid online scams, we teach you to recognize and defend yourself against phishing. Here you will find all the information you need.
How to recognize and defend yourself
Phishing is an attempt to steal sensitive data, such as username, password and credit card information, pretending to be legitimate entities (especially banks, mail, payment services, social networks and online buying and selling sites).
Be wary of any message requesting your personal or sensitive information, of messages that refer to a web page asking for personal information.
And here are our tips that should make you understand that you are dealing with a phishing attempt:
– Attention to grammar: Often the texts are written in a very difficult language, almost composed with the automatic translator.
– Stay away from fake addresses: Always pay attention to the emails you receive even when they report the brand of sites you know and in doubt check with the customer support service of the site in question.
– Never click on suspicious links: By hovering the mouse pointer on any link you will be able to view the address to which you will be postponed.
– Attention to general message headers: Headings such as “Dear User" never come from a legitimate entity.
– Never provide your data: In no case will you be asked for personal data by email. You can enter them only through your “Reserved Area".
Do not bite at a phishing attempt! When you notice one or more of these things, stop and contact Customer Service.
Decalogue of Security:
1. Read the announcement well before responding. If it is too short and provides little information, do not hesitate to ask the seller for more. A well-structured and correctly written announcement is generally more reliable.
2. Learn about the item you want to buy. For example, if the photos seem too good to be true, look for the image on Google Images. This system could allow you to understand if the photos you see are copied and pasted from other sites or if they are original.
3. If an item is cheap, it is not always a deal! Make sure that there is not too much difference between the proposed prices and the market ones.
4. If you can, choose the exchange by hand! You can meet in person and verify that what you are about to buy corresponds to the characteristics described in the ad. This will also give you the opportunity to refuse the offer and report any incorrect behavior.
5. Be wary of those who ask you to be contacted outside the bitBazar.io system, for example, on alternatives or written in strange ways and by those who are in a hurry to conclude the deal by proposing unsafe solutions.
6. Protect your personal information and never provide it if you’re not 100% sure of the seller. Date of birth, tax code are useful data for scammers. Also in the presence of job offers, it is important to evaluate which data to provide via e-mail.
7. Remember that bitBazar.io has no company that handles and guarantees transactions! If the seller asks you to pay via bitBazar.io, do not trust. Any person referring to us as intermediaries is not in good faith. There is no wallet of bitBazar.io on which to make deposits in cryptocurrencies and there is no shipping method guaranteed by bitBazar.io
8. Pay attention to those who request immediate payment of penalties. Some scammers, pretending to be lawyers of bitBazar.io, state agencies that deal with collections, make phone calls (from private number) to users who have entered an ad. Phone calls of this kind do not come from bitBazar.io, which never requires payments of any kind in the form of a fine or penalty.
Suspicious calls NOT made by bitBazar.io
Some scammers, using the name of the collection agencies of various states or pretending to be “bazaar lawyers" are implementing two different types of deception:
1. Send e-mails pretending to be in charge of the various State Agencies of the world and request the removal of the announcements, otherwise the payment of an administrative penalty
2. They phoned pretending to be in charge of the law firm of bitBazar.io and communicate that the published announcement “represents an improper use of the mark of the asset in the advertisement" or “irregularities in the search for work or service proposal" reason for which is necessary to pay a fine of a very high amount ($ 2000-3000 or the same amount in various cryptocurrencies).
Subsequently the fake in charge points out the possibility of paying a lighter penalty (€ 500 or the same amount in cryptocurrencies) to avoid the fine and suggests to quickly make a transfer or a credit on an untranslated payment method (Western Union / Moneygram) or directly into the cryptocurrency wallet of their choice. E-mails or phone calls of this kind DO NOT come from bitBazar.io, do not proceed with payment! BitBazar.io does not operate on behalf of or makes it through the various collection agencies of the various countries of the world and does not require any payment gender in the form of a fine or penalty.SMS suspects NOT sent by bitBazar.io
We received some reports related to a phishing attempt via SMS. In the SMS you are notified of the suspension or blocking of the email account or the promise of prizes and gifts. These messages are NOT sent by bitBazar.io! If you receive them do not click on the link. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The only SMS that sends bitBazar.io concern the validation of the telephone number for telephone verification. Our SMS will always report the following text: “bitBazar.io – The verification code is : 00000 “(The verification code consists of 5 numeric characters) By clicking on the bitBazar.io link you will be sent back to our ad completion form where you will NOT be asked for any sensitive data and / or username and password! to third parties your telephone verification code. In the event that you receive a similar request, please do not hesitate to contact our mail, indicating the phone number where you received the sms.
What you can not do on bitBazar.io
On bitBazar.io is not allowed:
• Enter the same ad in more than one category
• Insert in the title and / or in the text of the ads lists of irrelevant keywords
• Insert links within the ads
• Insert ads that do not sell a specific product but whose sole purpose is to give visibility to a brand, to a company, to another website
• Place advertisements in auction
• Place ads using management software not authorized by bitBazar.io
• Place ads on behalf of third parties
• Enter ads indicating as a payment method prepaid cards, such as Postepay, or services such as Western Union, MoneyGram, BidPay etc.
• Place ads with racist and / or discriminatory terms and / or with offensive content for ethnic groups There, public figures or individual individuals
• Contact advertisers of the site to send them commercial proposals or communications not related to the purchase of the asset for sale (for example real estate brokerage or commercial communications).
• Cancel the ads before their natural deadline for republishing them and putting them back on top of the results
• Overcoming the maximum number of ads allowed per category, including through the creation of different reserved areas
• Selling goods or services prohibited by international laws.
On bitBazar.io it is not allowed to sell goods or services that fall into one of the following categories:
• Any type of weapon or instrument capable of offending, including war and collectible weapons, toys that can be transformed into weapons and weapons that are unsuitable and not cataloged
• Knuckle-knuckles and batons; swords of any kind; replicas of firearms; softair weapons; explosives and fireworks
• Identity documents or identification cards
• Tobaccos and accessories
• Pornographic or vulgar material; used underwear
• Medicines, parapharmaceuticals, medical preparations, and any kind of narcotic and psychotropic substances • Cosmetics (with the exception of perfumes)
• Chemical products
• Food items (except wines and liqueurs for collectibles)
• Points loyalty or points of online games and related prizes
• Tickets or season tickets for shows, events or trips that are still usable (collection tickets for events already concluded are allowed), gyms, digital services, or any ticket or personal pass not transferable
• False or counterfeit products, including cards for pay TV and telephony
• Illegal copies of music, films, books, video games, software and other assets subject to copyright
• Modified consoles for video games and other modified electronic devices , articles or modification services that allow you to circumvent security systems (DRM)
• Goods or services banned in specific categories.